"This is the day that the Lord has made. We will rejoice and be glad in it. " Psalm 118:24

Monday, February 29, 2016

On To State...

The boys basketball team won their game on Saturday night.  To be honest, it was bittersweet for this Mama.  Tommy didn't get any playing time..none.  I do not understand the coach, and I do not appreciate his unfulfilled promises to Tommy but here is what I was SO proud of...

-I was proud to see his hand on his heart during the National Anthem, this isn't a given anymore for people to put their hand on their hearts.  I don't understand that.  But I was proud that he was one of the 3 players on our team that did.

-I was proud of how he encouraged his teammates from the bench.  He cheered them on, he high-fived them coming off of the court.

-I was proud of how he celebrated the victory and remembered that it was about "TEAM" and not Tommy.  I had a harder time as the Mom sitting in the stands to be completely honest.

-I was proud of his big smile throughout it all.  I know inside his heart was hurting.

So on to State we go...we play our first game next Tuesday at 10:30 am.  He is excited about it all and for that I am proud.  DMC has not been to state in boys basketball since 2010 so it is a very cool thing.  Tee shirts are ordered and the school is SO excited!  Go Lions!




 The Seniors...

 The boys...

 The Tommy fan club

 The Glen Oaks Staff

No comments:

Post a Comment