"This is the day that the Lord has made. We will rejoice and be glad in it. " Psalm 118:24

Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Beauty Shop

As a little girl I loved to play beauty shop. I had one of those barbie heads you could put make up on.  I practiced braiding and singed more than one dolls hair by trying to blow dry it.  I prided myself in pretty bows in my own hair and homemade barrettes. But never did I imagine I would be doing what I am doing today.  Today I will be cutting off my Mom's beautiful hair.  It's falling out from chemo and she doesn't want to keep having the clumps come out.  When I look at her I don't see the hair coming out...because she has so much. But it's everywhere.  On her back. On the floor. In her comb. She wants it gone. 

So today, when my Dad leaves for lunch with a friend...we will play beauty shop. I'm praying I can hold it together.  I'm not so sure.  

Hard stuff...

2 comments:

  1. Glad you could be there for her this week. You are all in our prayers daily.

    ReplyDelete