"This is the day that the Lord has made. We will rejoice and be glad in it. " Psalm 118:24

Friday, June 20, 2014

My first love.

It's my Dad's birthday. Officially 2 minutes ago....he was my first love. I'm blessed beyond measure with him. I am the luckiest girl to have been raised by a man with such integrity. A man who spent hours talking to me on road trips or at the cabin about life. Warning me about men. Teaching me what to look for in people. Showing me what true character is in a person. Showing me how to love all people. Teaching me respect by treating me with respect. Never have I had a day in my life where I haven't felt my parents deep love for me, my Dads love for me. I never felt the need for boys/dates approval of me...I had my dad's already. I had high expectations in boyfriends because my Dad set a high standard in what I would look for in a man.

I don't take him for granted. Never ever. I know he's a rare gem. 







Happy 77th birthday to my sweet Dad, whom I adore. 

No comments:

Post a Comment