"This is the day that the Lord has made. We will rejoice and be glad in it. " Psalm 118:24

Tuesday, June 10, 2014

These are the days...

One of my favorite songs from growing up was the song "These are the days to remember"....and boy I feel like I am living that this week.  I drove up to the cabin yesterday to check in on Mom and Dad.  This is the week that has been forecasted for Mom's hair to fall out, so I wanted to be here for that time.  Mom is feeling good this week, which is such a blessing.  It is wonderful to see her enjoying the cabin, walking down the lane, going on the boat, shopping in town...such a blessing to my heart.  I keep reminding her that we have to be taking snapshots of these great days and do our very best to remember those on the not so good days.

Tonight before dinner I took some pictures of Mom and Dad, knowing the hair will soon be gone, I wanted to capture some of her summer on the camera with hair.  Dad is sporting his new teal golf shirt that I brought as an early Father's Day gift yesterday for Dad.  

I love these photos and how they capture this evening for us....this is what 51 years of marriage looks like.   In sickness and in health....that's how marriage is...forever for always, NO MATTER WHAT!  Blessed to call these 2 my parents and so blessed to be able to have this time alone loving on them.






The thought my "soap opera" pose was a little much, I love Mom's giggle..


5 comments: