"This is the day that the Lord has made. We will rejoice and be glad in it. " Psalm 118:24

Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Costa Rica

I cannot believe this week is here, Drew and I head to Costa Rica on Saturday for our Missions Trip with Visiting Orphans.  We are getting so excited, and a little bit nervous too.  We will be with the kids on Monday-Friday each day.  We have so many fun activities planned, bible skits, baking, a mural to paint, balls to play with, paper airplanes to make, legos to build, journals to make...so many fun, fun things.  Most of all we pray that these children would see the love of Jesus in us and in our team.  We pray that God uses our time there to impact their hearts and in the Tia's (ladies who work in the orphanage).  We don't know what God has in store for the week but we know He has it planned.


We would appreciate your prayers.  Here is a list of things to pray for (because I am a list maker)

-prayers for this week as we pack and prepare, for my list making and tasks to get done
-safety and health for us and our team
-for team unity
-for peace
-for the kids there to have open hearts
-for God to get the glory for the week and not us
-for the Tia's to feel blessed by some rest and break 
-for the details to work as God would have planned
-for this to be a great experience for Drew, and for me
-for Drew and I do be flexible (we don't do flexible terribly well, I don't more so)
-for our boys at home and Scott
-for the small village helping with our boys, Ruth, Ginnie, Mom, Dad, Mike, Cara

I am not sure if I will blog at all from there or not, I am bringing the iPad so I guess we will see how the wifi is and see how it goes.

Thank you for your love and prayers...it means so much
I don't think I will get to the blog again before we leave.  

  



1 comment:

  1. We have been praying and will continue to. And as the Ticos (Costa Ricans) say, Pura Vida! which means lots of things such as: "pure life", "take it easy", "enjoy life", "all good", "purity in life", "hello", "goodbye", "this is life!"

    ReplyDelete