"This is the day that the Lord has made. We will rejoice and be glad in it. " Psalm 118:24

Thursday, June 20, 2013

Still here

Yes I am still here...but man it's been quite the past 6 days.  Whew.  Not sure where to start but Saturday went downhill quickly...to the point that Sunday morning, yes Father's Day, found me being pulled on a blanket by my beloved so that I could crawl to the car.  Yes SEVERE side pains...and I mean SEVERE.  Like on their rating scale of 1-10 in the Dr I was a 10.  And I made fun of those who would ever say 10 in there.  haha learned my lesson.

So basically the gift  I gave to Scott for Father's day was a quiet morning alone in the ER alone with his bride.  What a precious gift,  The gift of TIME together.  Aren't I thoughtful.  Of course it came with a crying wife, confused Dr's, narcotics for his wife, a lovely cocktail of JUNK to serve his bride at bedside.  Sounds dreamy doesn't it?

To make this long story short, I was later admitted to the hospital...my first time other than an appendectomy in college and child birth.  I confused all the Dr's around with my great blood counts and lovely CT scan.  Ends up some kind of muscle spasm caused from multiple sneezes on Saturday morning....if there is something weird to get...I will get it.  They didn't figure this out until 2 nights and 3 days in the hospital and an additional trip to the ER after I was home and they finally tried injections into my muscle.  It seems to be working.  We went yesterday for another round and may go again this afternoon and have another appt in the morning.  Just laying low to see if we can get it to go away.  Loads of muscle relaxers and pain meds and here I am.  The boys like the fact that I can't answer clearly and can' remember what I said an hour ago.  They may be taking advantage of it.

Mom came on Tuesday morning...she is always a huge help, keeping the laundry going, flowers watered, kids fed, helping scott get kids delivered....etc.   She is pretty bad at keeping track of meds...she can never remember what I had last...oh I think it was a white pill and a pink one?  hmm Mom they are all white or pink and there are about 6 different ones.  So we took her off the pharmaceuticals....

The best part?  I came home with a walker.  Yep I got a walker before my older husband or parents.  I am proud to say I am NOT using it now.  But sure was for a few days.

So I am off for a nap....and will be sure to re read this in a few days to see if I remember writing it.

Thanks friends who have visited and helped with meals and especially those who have helped with busy Max.

Mom left this morning and took Jack with her....scott is off to tomrorow with Drew for a baseball weekend in Cedar Rapids.  No worries...I have loads of back up here if needed..you all know who you are...

Thanks for the prayers...

1 comment:

  1. Oh my dear Susan! You sure have been through the wringer this year. You and Scott must have been very scared when you didn't know what was going on. I'm so glad you surrounded by such caring and loving people. I'll be praying that this be the last of your health issues for a very long time!

    ReplyDelete