"This is the day that the Lord has made. We will rejoice and be glad in it. " Psalm 118:24

Friday, May 17, 2013

Onto State

Tommy and the rest of the Des Moines Christian Varsity Golf team played in the Districts golf tournament yesterday.  Drew and I went to watch, Drew was thrilled to miss a day of school but more than that he IS Tommy's biggest fan.  So he didn't want to miss it.  It was wonderful to have a day with Drew.  The team played well and came in 2nd place which takes them to State.  State is next Friday and Saturday in Livermore, Iowa.  

It was so much fun to watch Tommy play and have success.  It was fun to see his maturity in watching him talk with the other players in his group to golf etiquette.  Just made me so proud.  He is such a wonderful young man, and somedays I feel like I miss that in the day to day busy life.  He is growing up so fast.  Hard to believe he is old enough to be playing in a High School State Championship.  I love watching him grow up.  I love watching him gain independence.  I love watching him grow his wings. It is not easy as a Mom to let go...to let his kite string out but on the days I do...and watch him stretch his wings and begin to soar...it is a beautiful thing.  Okay that got sappy, sappy.  But I am so proud of the young man he is becoming....

Some pictures from yesterday.









2 comments:

  1. Congratulations! What a fun day. It is true. It is a blessing to watch them stretch and fly on their own.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats to the Des Moines Christian boys for going to State!!:) I am sure it was an extra special day for Tommy since you and Drew were there to see it. Some of Russell's fondest memories of growing up are of playing golf with his brother. Your boys will always remember these days.:) I love golf---true gentlemen's sport---wish someone at our house would love it as much as their dad does. Maybe someday.....

    ReplyDelete