"This is the day that the Lord has made. We will rejoice and be glad in it. " Psalm 118:24

Monday, May 13, 2013

Mother's Day Blessings

My parents came on Saturday afternoon and brought my Grandma with them.  It was a whirlwind 24 hours but so wonderful to have them here.  Saturday Tommy, Drew, and I golfed with my Dad.  It has been a LONG time since I have played 9 holes.  We had a fun time.  

We had dinner at home and then after dinner the girls snuck away for manicures.  I loved how amazed all of the nail workers were at my grandma.  It was so sweet.  They kept telling her how healthy she looked, and strong and my favorite word they used over and over again...SMART.  It was so sweet and so true.  She is an amazing woman.

Sunday morning we were greeted with breakfast in bed, Mom and I were still in jammies we knew to wait.  Grandma was all ready for church and dressed by the time breakfast was delivered so she enjoyed her meal in the chair in our bedroom. 

After a beautiful sermon at church focusing on "Imperfectly Perfect Mothers" we headed out to Des Moines Golf for a beautiful brunch.  

Shortly after brunch they headed back to MN...I took a nap with Max and the other boys hit the golf course.  We all headed out to Chammps for dinner.  After the boys presented the most beautiful hand written and heart felt letters to me.  It's all I ever ask for on Mother's Day and my Birthday.  Those mean more to me than anything in this world.  

It was a wonderfully sweet and simple weekend.  I feel SO very blessed to have the privilege of being a Mom to our boys.  I am humbled that God chose me to be their Mom.

I feel blessed to have such a wonderful Mom of my own, who is one of my dearest friends.  

I feel extra blessed to have such a beautiful Grandmother who has been such an amazing example of unconditional love, patience, perseverance, and most of all a steadfast faith in God.  

Some photos from our 24 hours...




 Golfing with Dad and the Bigs


 Manicures for Mom and Grandma Lu

 Breakfast in bed...

 Love my Momma

 How cute is he?  Dad coordinated everyone to have 
Corsages and boutonnieres...in honor of Mother's Day


 Flowers at brunch

 So he is getting close to being taller than me when I don't have shoes on...sigh...this one made me a Mom for the first time. Love him

 Adores HIS Papa




 91, 74, 41, 15, and 3 year old hands


 Grandma and the youngest of her 20 great grandchildren


Oh to be so blessed as to have your Mom 74 years + of your life.

Oh how I love these boys...

3 comments:

  1. What a special time. I am so happy for you to have this time with your grandma and mom,

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a precious time for you all this weekend. Love the pictures and the memories you all made together. Love.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a beautiful post in every way - breakfast in bed, the flowers, the pictures of your grandma holding hands with Max. You look gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete