"This is the day that the Lord has made. We will rejoice and be glad in it. " Psalm 118:24

Monday, May 20, 2013

Catch up

 Playing catch up today...from a busy past week and weekend.  Mike, Cara, Charlie and Alice were here this past weekend.  Today was supposed to be my "catch up" day, I try to reserve Mondays for that after busy weekends.  But then today ended up super busy....Field day for Jack, first swimming lessons for Max, tshirt orders to school for golf, an afternoon open house for a neighbor graduating, Tommy is at golf practice, yet it's the first home game for the baseball team which he plays on but can't get there until golf is done....and now pictures to take of a Mom and her 2 kids soon.  Oh and it's Jack's "Half" Birthday, which he reminded me of this morning which means he gets to pick dinner and he picked Dairy Queen, while normally I would prefer to eat at home, today has been one of those days where a night out is welcomed.   Scott is one his way home from being gone all day so we will meet up later for dinner...Max is zonked on the sofa after a long day without a nap which means he will be up late...but oh well.

Catching you up on recent pics from my phone,,,

Last nest to hatch baby robins....we have 3.  This one only has one bird so far.  

 Yes he is the fourth and yes he loves guns and swords

 Some VERY happy cousins to see each other on Friday night at the ball park...Jack had a game

 Very happy to see their Uncle too

I really do adore my big brother...

 Let the house trashing begin...somehow when we have cousins here the house goes to chaos quite quickly...2 extras help it all to happen very fast.  They have SO much fun together.
Took these 2 to the park in the morning while everyone else went to watch Drew play baseball.  They couldn't be happier to be together.

 LOTS of graduation open houses this year, think we got 28 invites...oh my not sure how many there will be as our boys get older.  I love graduation parties.  I love the pictures and decorations.  Our boys go for the food, no joke.  They don't like to have to miss any of them.  Saturday Tommy and I snuck off to one for a friend in Ankeny...love the banner and the Twig & Daisy Photo on it.

 Took these 3 crazy kiddos to Sky Zone to jump around after the open house...the Bigs went to golf with Mike....Cara had work to do and Scott stayed home with sleepy Max.





 Trampolines and MORE trampolines...you get the picture.  But it was so HOT outside and this seemed like a great way to burn energy.  They had so much fun.

 Jack dunking the ball.  After this we headed to Fuddruckers for burgers at Charlie's request....

 Sunday Drew had more baseball, he was in a tourney all weekend.  We all went to his first game.  Alice sporting one of my headbands I gave to her...love this girl.


 I LOVE how much my boys LOVE my brother.  Melts my heart watching them

 Sleeping on the way to his best friend Hinckley's house.  Lively party boy he is...
busy Sunday


 At a graduation open house last night when we saw Tommy's BEST friend from pre school.  Maddie Trow.  I had to snap a picture.  She is such a sweet girl....loved her then, and now.

 letter from my Dad...I love how he always signs letters and cards to me with XOXO.  I adore him

Waiting for swim lessons, Max sat in the front seat and while he was buckling himself I had one of those "Don't BLINK" moments we parents have...and all I could see was him 10 years from now, sitting next to me in the front seat.  Big brothers all grown up and in college and working in the real world.  Sigh...

Jack is SUCH a great big brother.  He was SO happy Max came to field day and SO happy to include him in it all!  So proud of his little brother and Max, well Max thinks Jack runs the world.  Love it.

Really these two love each other...like crazy love


Jack's favorite part of field day

Field day....this guy cheering Jack on LOUDLY for all to hear.

Tug O War boys vs girls.  Jack anchored the boys...they won easily.  Fun

3 comments:

  1. The pictures are so much fun - I adore the one of Tommy and his preschool friend...so cute and sad!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love catch up posts. (but I may or may not think baby birds aren't cute. ltm.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I keep forgetting to ask you how you know the Robsons? my sister is married to Zoe's brother so they are like family to us. Michael is also best friends with one of her other brothers. Brayden was excited for the food too but then he remembered he was going to get to his cousins :)

    ReplyDelete