"This is the day that the Lord has made. We will rejoice and be glad in it. " Psalm 118:24

Sunday, September 9, 2012

Flag Football Season begins...

Jack is playing flag football again this year through Upward Sports...he has been very excited for the season to begin.  He missed the first game due to his trip to Ohio last weekend and he opted out of the Wayne County Fair this weekend so he could be at his game.  He didn't want to miss it as he was playing on his buddies teams.

I, being the wonderful Mother that I am, forgot my camera for the game.  And it was such a pretty day. Oh well my good friend Makila had hers and snapped these for me...

Jack had laid out this eye black for Drew on the island for him to wear to the game...cute.  Cheifs (spelled as that) and his number #81.  What a great big brother to wear it to the game.



And here is Jack being introduced...
this may be the boys' favorite part of the entire football games, they announce your names on the speaker LOUDLY and it's one of the best parts of their day.  


I think I may have left out a pic or 2 that Makila sent of me in the halftime show.  I was somehow volunteered to be in the Punt and Throw contest.  3 women, 3 men...the pics are lovely of it.  I have been since told by some boys that my throw may need some practice but that my punt was lovely.  And in case you are wondering, I did win the women's division and won a bag of Skittles from the concession stand.  :)

Jack had a great game and had fun, who knows if they won or lost but they had fun and he came off smiling.  The Buckeye won their game, so at our house that makes for a very good day.

Today was church, Sunday School, homework, yard work and naps for some of us.

Ready to hit the week tomorrow.  Scott and I are sneaking off to Ohio for a long weekend.  He has his 35th High School Reunion on Friday night.  I have never gone to one with him.  His 20th Reunion  I was pregnant with Tommy, then on his 25th reunion I stayed home and was pregnant with Jack, and his 30th....who knows I was probably home with busy children.  I think they wonder if I really exist, or they think I am ALWAYS pregnant?    He went to a small High School in a small town, so not expecting a lot of people there.  But it will be fun to be together.  We will get to the tail end of the Wayne County Fair on Thursday, to his reunion on Friday and onto Columbus for the Buckeye game on Saturday.  So it won't be real quiet or relaxing but it will be time together.  And frankly, I love him so much I don't really care where we are, just so we are together.  

No comments:

Post a Comment