"This is the day that the Lord has made. We will rejoice and be glad in it. " Psalm 118:24

Monday, September 24, 2012

Back track to our Ohio Getaway

Backing up a bit in the blog...

Scott and I headed to Ohio almost 2 weeks ago.  We left on Wednesday night after a business dinner here in town.  We drove, well Scott drove, until about midnight and we stayed in a hotel.  Of course, they gave us this HUGE hotel room on the corner.  I laughed.  It had 2 queen beds, a queen pull out and LOADS of space.  Just the kind we always HOPE for when we have 4 kids in tow.  Oh well.





We headed to Ohio Thursday morning and went straight to the Wayne County Fair, Scott hasn't missed once since he can remember.  It was the last day of the fair and he didn't want to miss it.  Our first stop...Lerch's donuts where yes the 2 of us, downed a dozen donuts within the first 15 minutes.  YUMMMY....









We spent a few hours there poking around and chatting with those we knew.  Looking for the bench we gave Scott's parents for the Anniversary a few years back....then headed to the farm.



We had a nice evening there, some homemade coconut cream pie and we visited.

Friday morning Scott and his Dad went to the fair early to retrieve his Dad's corn, and I slept in.  I ALWAYS sleep so well there.  And for those of you who don't know, my sleeping has been TERRIBLE the past 5 months so it was really nice to get some good rest.  Friday we had a nice big lunch (dinner on the farm) with hamloaf, mashed potatoes...corn, applesauce...all the good stuff.  Yep no calories missed on this trip.


this sticker inside scott's closet door made me smile...it's not considered "retro" or "vintage"


Friday night was Scott's 25th HS reunion.  We met his classmates at the old HS Cafeteria.  Not very many showed up.  But it was fun for him to see his old friend Tom and Jennings and Charlie most of all.  We watched the football game until halftime then headed out to a restaurant to eat....by then a few more classmates showed up and I think there were 17 total there.  It was interesting...most of them were divorced, many had grandchildren, one classmate had 9 grandchildren already...we DEFINITELY had the youngest child there...and I think Tommy made it as the youngest NOT Max.  :)  You can tell that we have an age difference at his reunion.  The 13 years showed up.  They all talked about retirement...his friend Charlie just retired from the police force.  Well...retirement isn't even on the radar at this house with Mr. 2 year old behind me.  Scott was the life of the party, keeping everyone talking and laughing.  So proud to be his wife.

 High School Friends Charlie, Jennings and Scott

Scott and his good childhood friend Tom Carr


The "press box" at the Smithville Smithie Game

Friday night he and I headed to Columbus after the dinner....

Saturday was the Buckeye game.  I had been up in the night not feeling great...so Scott let me sleep in a bit.  (silly sensitive tummy of mine)  We headed down to the tailgate we had invites too from Mike and Jane (Scott's dear college friend) around 10.  Which is WAY late for Scott to ever go to a game.  Thankfully we had a parking pass or you never can get a spot past 8 am.  NO JOKE.





The game was fun, the weather was beautiful and I was just loving being with my Love alone.  After the game, we won by the way but don't ask me who we played or what the score was....we headed to some Buckeye stores I had wanted to peak at just to see if there were any tee shirts we didn't own.  And  to my surprise there were MANY new ones that we don't have.  :)  It's always so much fun to see ALL of the Buckeye stuff they have...you name it, they make it, I am not kidding from toilet paper, to tee shirts, to gloves, to shoes, to hats, to lingerie, to golf balls, to ash trays...if you can think of it, they make it in Buckeye.














We drove home on Sunday, stopping for a quick brunch with good friends in Indy....and making it home after dinner.  It was wonderful to get away.  Loved every minute of it...even the minutes I completely got us off the right road heading home.  Ahem...I hardly ever drive on road trips but I told scott I could handle it...and let him have a break.  While he was working on his laptop I somehow got off the yellow highlighted path and took the pink path...note the sweet map my beloved made for me after we got home.  It was SO funny when he realized I was NO where he recognized....we were laughing so hard we were crying.  HOW I could get SO far off track and not even know it.  Hmmm oh well...it's why I leave to SOUND ON on my Garmin.  I do love that we can laugh together until we cry.  Love going through life with this man...


Thank you to my Mom and Dad for coming here and making it so we can go.  My Mom worked on so many things while we were away, the little stuff that I notice and matters to me, she cleaned the silverware drawers, the trash can cabinet, the garage fridge, straightened the garage itself out.....so appreciate those things.  Most of all she LOVES on our boys and LOVES AND LOVES AND LOVES some more...it's so fun.  They adore having her here,,,even if she did have to send them outside on at least ONE occasion so she could have some space and they could "figure it out" ahem.  And Dad, well he detailed my car and filled it up which I mentioned earlier. It's still clean Dad...and i LOVE it.










4 comments:

  1. what is the highschool mascot? The house elves? :) Loved the pictures and that you had the chance to enjoy the Wayne County Fair.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The map picture makes me laugh! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so glad you & Scott had that time away!

    ReplyDelete