"This is the day that the Lord has made. We will rejoice and be glad in it. " Psalm 118:24

Friday, July 8, 2011

Fourth of July at the cabin

We got home on Wednesday night from a long weekend at the cabin, this time Mom and Dad were there and almost all of the boys' cousins were there at some point, less Ariana who is in NYC this summer.  We celebrated the fourth of July together.  Here is a shot of the whole clan on the fourth after dinner.


 And just because I am a picture nut I am including a bunch of others from the weekend....
 Alice and Max driving in the jeep

 Alice showing Tommy her favorite game on her ipad
 Tommy was invited to play Deacon's Lodge golf course for the first time with the "guys"...14 is the magical age.  Tommy, Poppy, Scott and Mike went.  Tommy more than held his own with his score which made him very proud.

Max and Alice enjoying the morning sunshine

 Max and Alice riding on the tube by the beach

 Lake boys, Jack, Tommy, Drew and Charlie

 Max tried out the tube for the first time with Momma...loved it for 5 minutes then he was done.

 ...Max took his naps like this every day by the beach

 The fishermen

 Surfer Max

 whiffle ball....

 ...Max found these puppies at the parade and loved them

 Cousins waiting for the parade to begin in Pequot Lakes MN

 Poppy passing time making Max laugh at the parade


 My big brother Mike, his wife Cara and Charlie and Alice.

My parents LOVE the fourth of July, they are about to celebrate their 48th Anniversary next week

 the neighbors grandkids were up to their cabin too so we had a couple of BIG whiffle ball games

 One of my very good friends from jr high and high school stopped over.  Stacey...she lives in California now so don't see her much.  It was fun to spend the afternoon with her and her kids...

 Max did more napping at the beach

 Drew watered the flowers at the end of the driveway while Jack and Max rode behind

 lake fun

 Drew watching Jack jet ski with the neighbors

 our lake boys

 This is the lovely snack arrangement that Tommy created one day for Mom and me...complete with Shirley Temples.  mmmm....

 serving his G'ma

 ..by the time we left it was only Grandma left everyone else had gone home.

  getting ready to leave....sweet laughing boys


 Me and my beautiful brood of boys

2 comments:

  1. I love all the pictures. I love the snacks. I love the napping baby. I love the long swim trunks. And I had tears in my eyes with the last family picture. It is a great picture of everyone. I just love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like you had a wonderful time! Love the pictures of Max napping...and kudos to Tommy for the snack. I am impressed! I'll have to give him a few of my recipes to cook for you!

    ReplyDelete