"This is the day that the Lord has made. We will rejoice and be glad in it. " Psalm 118:24

Wednesday, December 21, 2016

KC Birthday Tradition


For the past several years, Scott has taken me to Kansas City the day after my Birthday for an overnight getaway.  We go to the Plaza and walk around, enjoying the lights...have dinner at Houston's and just take in the peace and quiet.  Kind of the calm before the chaos of Christmas.  Most years he surprises me with this getaway...this year we talked about it.  He wasn't sure if I was up for going.  I said I was...and that I wanted to stick with this tradition.  Mom told me I could cry every day but I could NOT mope around...therefore going to KC was definitely NOT moping around.

Max had his Christmas party at school that morning so we planned on leaving right after that....the boys are so great home alone, which is really quite the blessing for us.  Tommy planned an afternoon with Max, a movie and a trip to Build a Bear...it would be his Christmas gift to Max.  

Scott and I snuck off late morning and enjoyed 3 hours of uninterrupted talk time...tears were shed by me.  It is a different year for me, as well as for Scott.  Both of us missing a parent...

We enjoyed the afternoon and evening...did our normal routine.  I loved walking through the streets holding hands and browsing.  Dinner at Houstons and a good nights rest, which hasn't been happening much lately for me...no 6 year old climbed into our bed in the middle of the night imagine that.  :)

We are grateful for our marriage and for each other.   These past couple of years have been so hard...we have been ships passing in the night many, many days.   There is no one else I would rather be going through this journey of life with than my Love.  He gets me...

Thankful for us. 

pictures from Max's class party...Jack snuck out of his study hall to help.  :)




One of Max's best friends Sammie...







 My dear friend Jen gave me this bracelet...it has been a great reminder to me...God will give me HIS strength.  I can't do it on my own strength













No comments:

Post a Comment