"This is the day that the Lord has made. We will rejoice and be glad in it. " Psalm 118:24

Wednesday, October 1, 2014

Drew's Collage Project for School


My collage depicts my oldest brother Tommy. He is a great role model to me and my best friend. I look up to Tommy as an example for my life and that is why I chose him to be the subject of my collage. In my collage I used all sorts of pictures and items to describe his personality. In each corner I have one of Tommy’s main “likes” or things he enjoys to do follow. Around each of the corners I have different things that relate to the topics of the corner and more towards the middle of the collage I put things that don’t relate to the corners as much, but are still a huge part of his character traits and personality.
                  In the bottom left corner of the collage the main focus is some of the main teams that Tommy follows. The main one and the first one you most likely notice is The Ohio State University, that is the main collage team that Tommy follows, he follows them in all sports and some of the main sports are football and basketball. The various materials in the corner that are direct characterization are the buckeye nuts, the picture of a buckeye helmet, and the other two Ohio State pictures. Close by to those pictures there is a picture of him and our dad at an Ohio State game, and to the right of that are some other pictures of Tommy with our family, is one of my indirect characterizations because it shows that Tommy is a great big brother, son, and grandson. Above the Ohio State stuff there are pictures of Cleveland sports teams, in the past Cleveland sports have always been the most successful teams but Tommy is still very loyal to his teams, also in the top center there is a picture of him with a USA shirt on, it is another example of his loyalty. That is another indirect characterization. Above There is basketball and shoes. The basketball is direct it shows that Tommy loves basketball. The shoes are indirect though, yes, he does like shoes, but he loves marketing, and advertising.

                  The other corners are representing his love for golf and baseball. The golf ball and golf tee are both direct representations of his love for the game of golf, also the picture of him with his golf team shows his love for golf and his friends. The baseball and picture of him playing baseball both show that he likes to play the game of baseball, and the Cleveland Indians are his favorite baseball team. In all of his sports he plays for DMCS, so that is why I put the DMCS logo on the poster. The iphone is there to show that Tommy is a very smart person, and he knows how to work an iphone very well, that is another indirect characterization. I decided to leave the background plain white because Tommy has never liked being dirty, or having his things dirty, so I left it white to represent the fact that he has never been a fan of dirty things. He likes them nice and clean. The dominant impression that I tried to convey about my brother Tommy is that he is a lover of all things sports, family, and friend related, and he is a very smart, kind, and overall awesome person to be around.

2 comments:

  1. And Drew is an amazing little brother

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad you posted this with what Drew wrote. To be cherished.

    ReplyDelete