"This is the day that the Lord has made. We will rejoice and be glad in it. " Psalm 118:24

Thursday, October 30, 2014

Happy Halloween

This is the Halloween Ramble Post...and it is in no order so beware.

Halloween was a little bit different this year for our family...we knew we would be on the road to Ohio and miss "Beggar's Night" here in Waukee.  So the night before we left I had emailed a few friends and asked if Max could come early.  We have great neighbors and friends who were happy to oblige for Max.

As the day ended up, I got a call while I was at a nail Appointment from one of Tommy's good friends that Tommy had been hurt in basketball.  So I left mid appointment and went and got him and took him to the ER.  At the ER the Doctor's first words were "I will be shocked if this isn't broken"...not the words I wanted to hear.  My mind raced with all sorts of things, will he need surgery, will it heal fully, how will he shower, will he be out for all of basketball season, what color cast will he pick....I mean lots of questions.  Scott got there as soon as he could with Max and Jack.  Gratefully it was NOT broken and he was diagnosed with a severe sprain and splinted up and sent home.

By then Max had missed his trick or treating time window I had made...but gratefully he still got to a few of the houses.  A cute picture of Jack taking him around...




REWIND....

Oh and the week before was The Great Pumpkin Party at our church, our boys all volunteered to serve different nights.  Drew went as a buddy with his friend Anthony and this year they also ran a game for part of the time at Anthony's Mom's request.  I believe this is the 4th year Drew has gone with Anthony.

Scott took Max on Thursday night, that was his main trick or treating.  It's WAY too crowded for me, so I was grateful Scott was back in town to cover that.  I headed to MN for Mom's chemo and they did the party.






Oh and this is earlier in the week....Jack helped Max carve his pumpkin.  THANK YOU JACK!  They had a fun time.





And also last week...Max wore this to his hair cut appointment in the hopes that his hair lady would give him candy...which she always does.  But it was too cute that Mr. Police Officer wanted to wear it regardless.


 And this my friends....is SO much truth.  I LOVE Reese's Peanut Butter Cups.





No comments:

Post a Comment