"This is the day that the Lord has made. We will rejoice and be glad in it. " Psalm 118:24

Thursday, December 20, 2012

Birthday Snow Special

Today is my birthday...and it could very well be the BEST birthday ever, well at least in my adult years.  Last night the predictied blizzard came true and by 10 pm we knew the boys wouldn't have school today.  For this Mama who LOVES snow and LOVES being home and LOVES everyone home, it couldn't have been planned more perfectly.

We woke up to a foot of snow, many trees bending with heavy snow....boys thrilled to have a day off.  I woke up to a 2 year old in our bed...and my Love still in bed.  Rare to wake up with him still next to me.  Then breakfast in bed was served by Drew and Jack, eggs, bacon and toast on the red Special Plate even.

A quiet morning with Christmas music playing, Tommy helped me make a couple of batches of Christmas treats and goodies while the other boys cleared the drive and played with Max in the snow.  Peanut butter and jelly made for me by Jack for my lunch, along with hot chocolate.

The boys each wrote me "heartfelt, teary Mom I love you" letters, it is what I wanted most for my birthday.  And Scott surprised me with a Hello Kitty purse I loved at Macy's in Chicago...yep I still love Hello Kitty after all of these years.  A couple of months ago I got a new lens for my camera and that was my early birthday gift.

I snuggled up with Max while he napped...and is still napping.  Now off to ring the bell for Salvation army with the boys.  Spaghetti is on the stove for our dinner...

What a wonderful birthday day...all wrapped up with a pretty bow!










So much to be grateful for...my heart is full actually it overflowing.  

4 comments:

  1. I'm so glad that the storm happened when it did so today could be "just right" for you! Happy birthday, dear friend of mine! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would love to see a pic of the Hello Kitty purse. Happy Birthday! Wishing you many blessings.

    ReplyDelete