"This is the day that the Lord has made. We will rejoice and be glad in it. " Psalm 118:24

Wednesday, November 11, 2015

Tommy's Minnesota Weekend

Tommy had planned to spend the long weekend in Minnesota last week with my parents.  His plan was to head up with his good buddy Alec on Friday morning, since we didn't have school.  Well then Dad had his heart attack and I said "NO WAY are you heading there with ALL that has just happened, they BOTH need rest. "  Well, I was over ruled.  Dad insisted on Tommy and Alec still coming.  Mom was so excited she also insisted.  So off they went at 6:30 am on Friday.  They made a stop at the Mall of America along the way to get some shoes...clown shoes if you ask me but according to Tommy they are cool shoes.  :)  I think when you put size 14 shoes on someone 6'5" 160 most shoes look like clown shoes.  shhh...I didn't just say that.

Here are the shoes, you can give your own opinion of them.  Alas, he does work and should be saving all of his money for college and has the money for them. Ahem.




They had a great weekend.  Mom made cookies, they went out to dinner, to breakfast with Mike, Cara and Charlie, went to Lifetime there, helped Mom with hauling a few things that Dad isn't allowed to do right now, had burgers at the infamous Lion's Tap.  Saturday night they had pizza and watched a lot of football.  In particular the Ohio State vs Minnesota game.


Sunday they went to church, brunch and headed back home.  They all had a great time.

What I love the MOST about it all is that Tommy chose to do this on his long weekend.  He called my Mom on his own, and asked her a couple of weeks ago if she would like some visitors.  Mom and Dad have POURED their hearts and love into their Grandchildren, I love watching them be rewarded for the energy and love.  I have seen it in all 9 of their grandchildren, they truly LOVE to be with their Grandparents.  They feel their love.  My parents have done a beautiful job building a legacy into the boys.

1 comment: