"This is the day that the Lord has made. We will rejoice and be glad in it. " Psalm 118:24

Monday, September 21, 2015

My Buckeye Weekend

Well last year I didn't get a "Buckeye Weekend" so Scott was sure I would get on this year...we left early on Friday morning, left the boys home alone...thank goodness for responsible boys. (and cell phone number of friends nearby)

We got there on Friday in time to look at a few shops and have dinner with Scott's OSU BFF Mike and his wife Jane, their house is where we always stay in Columbus.


Saturday, much to my sons' dismay I slept in until 8:30 and opted out of the 6 am tailgating frenzy they love.  We had a leisurely morning at the Townsleys and then headed to a few more shops and off to the corporate Tailgate with free tickets from the Townsleys.  :)  (Thank you Bob Evans)  It poured on us the first quarter of the game and boy do I love sitting in rain...yes I am being sarcastic.  But my Love had packed ponchos and we weren't going anywhere.  The rain cleared and it was beautiful weather for a not so beautiful game. We won, but not easily or by a ton.

We headed west right after the game and started our trek home....barely 24 hours in Columbus.  We stayed half way home and got here by 1 on Sunday.

It was a quick and fun getaway.  I do love the atmosphere at a Buckeye game and I LOVE watching my husband light up at the sight of everything Ohio State Football.






Can you EVER have too many Buckeye clothes?

1 comment:

  1. Glad to see your found Brutus. Did you get new Buckeye gear?

    ReplyDelete