"This is the day that the Lord has made. We will rejoice and be glad in it. " Psalm 118:24

Wednesday, June 24, 2015

Update on Hard Things

Some of you have asked for an update on my sister's (Kathy/Joe) wedding in Wisconsin...thank you for praying.  Here is a summary....and a few pictures off of my phone.

Thank you again for praying for me while I was in Wisconsin.  I could feel the prayers.  It was a hard time for me.  I just want them to see Jesus in me.  My sisters 3 kids….all stood up with her.  They have had so much confusion in their life.  Ages 25, 14 and 10.  My heart ached for my parents too.  Just hard.  My brother Mike was a groomsmen too.  

For me a death of dreams of when I was a little girl.  My sister has been married twice to men, and she had a commitment ceremony once to a woman so this is marriage number 4 in a lot of ways.  And of course as a little girl, the baby sister I was wanting to have a double wedding someday.  Dreamt of being the Maid of Honor, dreamt of how we would raise our kids together...and just do those "sister" things.  The dream died many years ago but times like this still stir up my heart.  Just when I think my heart has healed, it hasn't and I don't think it is ever possible for it to completely heal from this loss.  

Drew sent me a beautiful text right before the service began.  Saying how he was praying for me and how proud he was that I was being a light in a dark place.  He had also told Scott the day before how he was grateful that we chose to protect him and his brothers by not bringing them with us.   That was a bright spot in my day.  Knowing he could see that I was trying to “be Jesus”.  



 My nieces whom I love so very much


 Kale, Ariana and Vedarose



The Officiant, Marianne and Joe (my sister Kathy)

The service was different.  The beginning opening was welcoming the animals, mother earth, buddha, various other spirits I had not heard of but then the “HOLY SPIRIT” was welcomed…and boy was I ever chatting with my Lord when I heard that.  I had a conversation with him throughout it all.  I felt HIS presence….I sobbed, I mean ugly cried in parts because I felt him so strongly.  I grabbed my Dad’s arm tightly as we sat there.  I heard the birds sing loudly…it was eerily loud to me. Like they were praising God…it sounded like songs of praise.  

So thank you for praying…thank you for loving me well.  

I was grateful when it was over, I felt peace as I drove away.  XM The Message had a playlist waiting for me as I drove….these were the songs that were played.  "Let them See You”, “Here I am to worship”, “Strong Enough”, “Because He lives”, "Voice of Truth”, "One Thing Remains”, “You Make Me Brave”, and “Fix My EYES”….I mean seriously?!  I snapped pics of my radio screen as I drove as I could NOT believe how very good God was to me to have those songs there to fill me up after a hard few days.  

This song was perfect for me....enjoy!

Lord, YOU Make Me Brave

No comments:

Post a Comment