"This is the day that the Lord has made. We will rejoice and be glad in it. " Psalm 118:24

Wednesday, May 20, 2015

Once a Mom Always a Mom

I went up to Minnesota yesterday, Mom had a check up.   This morning when I opened my bedroom door to get up for the day my Mom was literally standing right there...tip toeing her way to open my door.  YIKES it scared me a bit.  But the funny thing was...she said she was coming to see if I was awake, if not she would just watch me sleep or climb in bed with me.  We giggled about it all morning...but the more I thought about it on my drive home the more it made me smile.

As a Mom I LOVE to watch our boys sleep...all of them from the littlest to the biggest.  I love to sneak in after they are asleep, pull their covers up and kiss their sweet cheeks one last time for that day.

It dawned on me, my Mom is still the very same way.  It doesn't matter to her that I am 43 years old.  I love that.  I feel so blessed to be so loved.  Once a Mom always a Mom.

It reminds me of the book "Love you Forever"

"I'll love you forever.  I'll like you for always.  As long as I'm living my baby you'll be."

And as I got home I had this little one snuggle up on my lap and fall asleep....sigh.


2 comments: