"This is the day that the Lord has made. We will rejoice and be glad in it. " Psalm 118:24

Wednesday, April 15, 2015

Resting

It has been so busy, what is new.  I am behind on much.  I do not like being behind.  It stresses me out.  But yet it is the season of life I think.

Yesterday my new computer arrived, my old one had been dying a slow death.  It was long overdue.  I hope to get back to blogging and photos now that I have a computer that can keep up.

I have been tired this week, of course that doesn't seem new either.  But it is true.  I am physically tired and a little bit emotionally too.  Always so much going on in my head and heart.  SO much to be grateful for...SO very much.

Tomorrow will mark 1 year since Mom had her surgery and we officially learned of her cancer...it changed me forever.  I feel like I don't take my Mom for granted, I don't feel like I ever really have...but at the same time that word cancer and all that goes with it has forever changed me.  Early on in her diagnosis I was on the phone with my brother and he said "really there will never be another day of our lives where we don't wonder if Mom has cancer" that is so true.  Dad had prostate cancer a few years ago and for some reason that feels different to me.  But then again I worry about his health often too...I need to be reminded that we are NOT in charge.  God is.  We cannot change things, God has it all determined.  I find peace in that most of the time, I should ALL of the time.  But I have a bit of "control freak" in me, NO idea where that came from..Ahem.

Today I am home, catching up on laundry, house stuff, getting the new computer set up, moving files and deleting files.  In my jammies still...my friend Sarah sent me this devotion.  She knows I am weary....

It was just what I needed to be of today...
Screen Shot 2015-04-07 at 2.31.59 PM
"Rest time is not waste time. It is economy to gather fresh strength... It is wisdom to take occasional furlough. In the long run, we shall do more by sometimes doing less." - Charles Spurgeon
Hey weary one, don't buy the lie that rest is weakness. Breathe in, gather fresh strength and hit the pause button when you need to. Maybe you think you're too needed or too busy, that the responsible thing is to keep pushing. The responsible thing is to fill up so you can pour out, to sideline yourself before things break down and sideline you against your will.
We're not too important to take a break, and the world won't unravel while we nap. To rest is to place ourselves in our Father's arms, to admit that we're weak and helpless apart from Him.
▪ Jacey

Grace + Peace,
The Naptime Diaries Team
(Nick, Jessi, Jacey, Alicia, and Jen)

1 comment: