"This is the day that the Lord has made. We will rejoice and be glad in it. " Psalm 118:24

Thursday, April 2, 2015

The blessing of a babysitter

When Tommy and Drew were little we met Genevieve. She became the only babysitter we used...she helped during the summers a couple of days a week, she was our go to sitter...she came along to both of our brothers weddings and became part of our family.  She and I became close and I loved the girl time it provided me.  She went off to college and grew up.  

Then we had our sweet Miss Emily enter into our family and I know I have shared so much about her and how much we love her.  I have blogged about her time and time again. 

Back to Genevieve for this post...she was the first person we trusted our boys to that wasn't family.  I adored how she played with our boys and cared for them. I watched her with them. Many times I was home when she was helping with them so I truly got to watch her in action. I knew she would be a wonderful Mom some day. 

I feel it is a privilege to have watched both Genevieve and Emily love children long before they were Mother's themselves.  I feel like I had a front row seat in watching their love of kids develop. 

Today Genevieve became a Mom and I got a text this morning with the following photo. It makes me heart sing. She has waited a long time for this and motherhood has not come easily for her. God is good.  I'm so happy for her.  


No comments:

Post a Comment