"This is the day that the Lord has made. We will rejoice and be glad in it. " Psalm 118:24

Thursday, January 1, 2015

Happy New Year

Happy New Year...Happy 2015!  I am far behind on blogging, I promise I will get it caught up.  But for today Happy New Year.  I write this with the sound of Sport Center behind me and boys shooting nerf guns in the basement.  Never a dull moment.  Never.

This year our Family Verse is from Micah.


I pray we can truly live this out this year.  I will admit I have been a little "scared" to choose a family verse.  Last year our verse...

 Teach us to number our days so that we may gain a heart of wisdom. Psalm 90:12 


...came to life more than I perhaps ever wanted it to.  With my Mom's cancer, my Grandma's death and Scott's parents illnesses...numbering our days became all to REAL for me and to all of us.  I realize God got us through it, and it was all a part of His plan...but if I am being real it was a verse that truly made our year.  I pray we learned from what He taught us.  

In 2013 our verse led us to missions in Costa Rica and a heart to truly serve others more, at home and abroad.  With family as well as others.

 Dear children, let us not love with words or speech but with actions and in truth. 
1 John 3:18

This year our prayer is that we would be more humble, that we would show mercy to each other and to others, to judge less, to love more, to do what is wise and to walk with God.   Daily.  To WALK with God.  Those words can really resonate.  WALK. WITH. GOD.  To hear him, to listen, to really listen.  To be more patient.  To go to God first in all things.  

2 comments: