"This is the day that the Lord has made. We will rejoice and be glad in it. " Psalm 118:24

Saturday, January 17, 2015

Blogging in bed

As much as I have this daily goal of catching up on our blog it hasn't been happening.  So I have resorted to blogging in bed...I am laying in our bed with Max as he falls asleep.  Yep he falls asleep in our bed now most every night. Bad habit?  Yes.  4th child?  Yes. Tired Mom?  Yes.  

Today was a long day. It was supposed to be a day for me to get some things done but alas MY plans were thwarted.   It's okay. I started the day with some amazing reminders from a blog about raising boys that was around 3 am when I could not sleep, then a little but later I read amazing devotions from the book of John. Continued by an amazing blog sent to me by a friend. I started the day in a good place therefore when the day shifted...I was okay.  God's plans are where I need to live. 







Scott, Drew and Jack headed to Iowa City first thing this morning to watch the Buckeyes play the Hawkeyes. Tommy had a day basketball tournament in Pella, an hour from home.   When Tommy realized around 10 am that his basketball shoes and uniforms were all in his bag in the back of Scott's van,,which was now almost to Iowa City. 

We called Scott and devised a quick plan. My Pajamas were thrown off and our quiet snuggle morning was turned into a race for Max and I to get the basketball bag.   Luckily I have mastered the art of the 5 minute-get dressed/pony tail-and go look. We were off. Tommy had to catch the bus at school at 11:15 so we were on our own. We got the bag in Williamsburg at the Nike store where Scott left it for us and turned around and drove the bag to Pella (90 min) just in time for Tommy to get dressed and be ready to warm up at 2:30. Nothing like an unexpected 3 hour morning drive to get your day going. The JV team lost by 1.  Tough.  We ran Tommy and a friend to the local Bakery in Pella for their amazing Dutch letters. Dropped him back for the Varsity game and headed home. 

In the meantime Scott, Drew and Jack had an amazing day in Iowa City. Court side seats again thanks to Scott's customer.  Tunnel access to meet the players. So fun. The Buckeyes lost but that's okay.  I think the glory of the football National Championship will take the sting off of most losses for awhile. 

Some pictures from their day. 







We met back at home for dinner and Jack had a game of his own at 9 pm. Ugh. Max and I stayed home.  Tommy just walked in the door from the Varsity game and bus ride home. He's making a pizza. 

Another full day.  This is why I say I love my life in the locker room.❤️


1 comment:

  1. Such a fun day for the boys at the game! I am glad you were able to get Tommy's stuff. Whoa

    ReplyDelete