"This is the day that the Lord has made. We will rejoice and be glad in it. " Psalm 118:24

Thursday, October 13, 2016

Late Night Thoughts

Journal entry by Susan Shisler — 10/13/2016
I am laying in bed, trying to sleep but I can't...Mom has been on my mind and heart all day. Today is one of those days where Waukee, Iowa feels a million miles away from Eden Prairie, Minnesota. Maybe it's because I haven't seen Mom in 10 days, which is a long time for me right now.


Scott's Dad went to heaven last Wednesday and so we have been on the road for a whirlwind trip to Ohio and back, with a lovely service for him. He was 89 and lived a full life on the family farm. The last time I talked to him, 2 weeks ago he asked how my Mom was...he understood how important she is to me. 


I will admit I am a bit weary and missing my MN time. 


When I was little I went to the nurse at school...a lot. I always came up with a reason I needed to go home. Truth is I missed my Mom. I loved being home with her. I loved being with her. Still do...so 10 days is long for me still. 


Late night drama and emotion aside here is an update on Mom. She and Dad spent last weekend at the cabin. Enjoying the fall leaves, books and the fire. Mom continues to feel about the same. Her balance is affected some more than it had been, so she has agreed to using a walker around the house. But she is in no pain. No headaches. Her energy level is still fairly low but she is up in her chair every day, we cannot talk her into laying down ever to rest before 9:30 pm. We talked her into the life alert plan...not easily I might add, but Alice's impression of the commercial sealed the deal I think "help help I've fallen and I can't get up" with her dramatically laying on the family room floor.  


Ariana will be there again this weekend with her boyfriend Sean. Mom is hoping for pretty leaves at the arboretum for a Sunday drive. 


We go to Mayo again next Friday. Prayers for encouraging words from the Dr and another round of immunotherapy is our hope. We ask for prayers for wisdom and clarity of the Doctors. We pray for this treatment plan to show a positive result in blood labs. Thank you for lifting Mom and Dad up in prayers. The prayers matter and we can feel them. We are so grateful for every day.  


Because I love pics I am attaching a pic of Scott's parents and mine with the boys this May at Tommy's graduation. What a priceless treasure it is for our family

No comments:

Post a Comment