"This is the day that the Lord has made. We will rejoice and be glad in it. " Psalm 118:24

Tuesday, December 2, 2014

A Thankful Thanksgiving

I am always thankful on Thanksgiving, I have been blessed.  We have been blessed.  But this year was different for me.  So much of the year has been consumed with prayer, worry, care of my Mom that Thanksgiving felt different for me.  The table settings, the food, the preparation...none of it really mattered much to me...I just wanted to be with my Mom. I just wanted to Thank God for her, for her health.  For this journey.  For the hours and hours of prayers He has heard and answered.  

My sweet friend Ruth told me at the beginning of this cancer journey to "look for the blessings" in it all, and she was so wise.  There have been so many blessings.  So many hours I have spent with my parents this year, so many friends who have come through for both my parents and for us.  So many who are praying and willing to do anything to help.  Friends I can text at the drop of a hat and I KNOW they will pray.  Friends who have picked up groceries for me, taken Max last minute...brought meals...cancer shows you who is really IN FOR THE LONG haul of friendship.  

This Thanksgiving we celebrated early, so Jack and Scott could get to Ohio and Mom and Dad could get to MN for Thanksgiving with Mike and family too.  I really just didn't care about the details of the meal.  Yes we made it all, yes it was delicious, yes the boys helped with it all..but you know what...all I wanted was to look across the table and have my Mom there and my Dad.  And my Love, and my boys....I needed nothing else from the day.  I was choked up most of the day, trying not to lose it...and I didn't...well maybe only by myself when I went to nap after we ate.   But God has been SO good to me.  My heart is full.

Some photos from the couple of days Mom and Dad were here...the little stuff matters more to me than it ever has in the past.



 Jack got his birthday present, camo shoes.  He was SO excited











1 comment: