"This is the day that the Lord has made. We will rejoice and be glad in it. " Psalm 118:24

Thursday, July 11, 2013

50 years

This Saturday my parents will celebrate 50 years of marriage...they didn't want a party or a big "ta-doo" as my Mom calls it.  They are quietly celebrating where they honeymooned...Mackinac Island, Michigan and then Naniboujou Lodge in Duluth, MN.  Retracing their steps.

Mom has been sending pictures or the views, the beautiful flowers Dad gave her, the horses, the sunshine...the moments of their trip.  (mainly because she doesn't have any idea how else to get the pictures to Costco other than through me...:)  ) But I am LOVING seeing their trip moment by moment.

I feel SO blessed to have the legacy of their marriage in my life.  To have parents who have loved and been married for so long...who have gone through so much for better or worse.  Who still adore each other.  Who have taught me SO much about marriage and the commitment and unconditional love that it requires.  Parents who pray together daily....SO very blessed.

Here is a fun side by side to share....honeymoon and today.  As I tell our boys ALL the TIME... It MATTERS who you marry.  Next to loving God it's the biggest life decision you will EVER make.  What a joy and blessing to share this with my parents.



Have fun Mom and Dad....holding down the fort at the cabin with the boys...loving every minute of that.

Love YOU

No comments:

Post a Comment