"This is the day that the Lord has made. We will rejoice and be glad in it. " Psalm 118:24

Saturday, July 13, 2013

July 13, 1963

50 Years Ago today my parents said "I do".

50 Years Ago today they promised in front of God, family and friends that in sickness and health, for richer for poorer until death do they part they would BE together and LOVE each other.  And what a legacy of love that leave for not only me and my siblings but for our children. Our boys are blessed by their love, by their commitment.

I have never known my parents to NOT love each other and I know that not everyone can say that about their parents.  I can and I don't take that for granted.  They have taught me so much about unconditional love.  They have taught me how to really LOVE and be there for our boys.  Their example has often said more to me than they know.  Their willingness to always drop anything for us, to this day, blows me away.

They have lived out LOVE and have shown what being married to your best friend looks like and what that means. I know there have been hard times, but they literally grab each others hands, and pray themselves through it and keep on.

This has been their wedding verse....enjoy the photos.  I cannot tell you how very blessed I feel by their love.  Happy 50th Mom and Dad!

1 Corinthians 13:4-7

Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.



Beautiful Bride

The men...including my cousin Dave

Uncle Dick and Dad


Mr. & Mrs. 



The wedding party


 With My Grandma Lu, one left...and my Grandma Alice and Grandpa Harold

Grandma T made the wedding cake. The reception was in the basement of the church.


 "Mother Larkin" whom my Mom lived with when she met my Dad helped with the coffee

My Aunt Marilyn and Aunt Carolyn on right served the cake..
married to Dad's older brothers Dick and Don.

2 comments:

  1. Love the pictures! Her dress was stunning! Happy Anniversary to them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is just the best of life! Love the pictures and the blessing they have brought to you and your family!

    ReplyDelete