"This is the day that the Lord has made. We will rejoice and be glad in it. " Psalm 118:24

Tuesday, April 17, 2018

Powerful Words

Sometimes the most powerful of words can come from the most surprising voice of all...the voice of a teenage girl who's own dad lives in heaven.

Backing up a bit, Thursday was Mom's birthday.  I like to spend her birthdays spreading joy to others, flowers, cookies, Starbucks, hugs...handwritten notes, just little things to brighten peoples day for no reason other than choosing joy on what could be a sad day.

The day was wonderful and amazing, and exhausting.  But I honored Mom from the moment I awoke until I shut my eyes that day.  And many other friends spread joy in her honor as well.

But the most amazing words came the next day, via text from a girl named Sarah...

I am putting them here because I don't want to forget them, and forget how God is using this sadness and pain in my heart for His glory and good.


Sigh...I sent it onto a few in my tribe and they continued to pour sweet words over my heart.  Attaching below so I don't forget theirs either.



If there is one thing that really matters to my heart it is that God is glorified through my Mom's death.  And that everything reflects back to Him.  That people see the beauty in dying and feel confident that JOY and SORROW can co-exist in our hearts.  That LOVE is worth pain.  

and lastly this text exchange from my dear friend Jen again...this came on Mom's bday after I just dropped off some goodies at their house. 


I don't ever want to forget to make a difference for His glory...this is the stuff that matters.  And how it all is seen through the eyes of teenagers, children and families.  May we all love better. 





No comments:

Post a Comment