"This is the day that the Lord has made. We will rejoice and be glad in it. " Psalm 118:24

Tuesday, September 27, 2016

Quick Update

Journal entry by Susan Shisler — 9/27/2016
Good afternoon...it is SO nice to have some fall weather to enjoy!  Mom loves the windows cracked open, so this is her time for fresh air.  It has been busy lately, so many people stopping in and visiting.  Mom is feeling well, we don't know if it's the steroids helping, the immunotherapy working or just God giving her a wonderful reprieve.  It doesn't matter, we are just SO grateful.  We enjoy every single minute of it.  We thank God for every day.  

Aunt Donna went home to Arizona after her visit, Ariana came in this weekend again, Max and I popped in for an overnight, Mike, Cara, Charlie and Alice visit almost daily.  Mom has even felt like cooking a couple of days, which is SO wonderful.  She made Dad's favorite chili this weekend and taught Ariana her secret recipe for Chicken Noodle Soup.  So many friends have dropped off food, hugs, flowers and cards...it is amazing to be surrounded by SO MUCH LOVE!  Thank you.

We do go to Mayo again on Thursday, we will see what the blood work is saying and look at doing yet another Immunotherapy treatment.  We are always praying for the miracle.  We would appreciate your prayers for this trip, as always...

For those of you who know me, you KNOW there is nothing more precious to me than family...other than maybe pictures of family.  Being that I am typically the one behind the camera I hired a photographer to capture some moments of Mom and me yesterday at the Arboretum.(Sarah Sundahl Photography)  I will attach one of my favorites that I got back today as a sneak peek.   I have been blessed with the best, and I don't take that for granted.  

Thank you for your prayers and love.  



No comments:

Post a Comment