"This is the day that the Lord has made. We will rejoice and be glad in it. " Psalm 118:24

Wednesday, June 22, 2016

6U Baseball Wrap Up

Note:  I am SO behind on the blog, BUT I figure I better start where we are and then go back or I will be even further behind.  

We wrapped up yet another season of baseball at Walnut Creek Fields.  This may be our 14th straight summer we have had a boy playing at those fields, if my calculations are correct.

So much fun for Max.  Once again Scott was the head coach, I wish I knew just HOW many teams this man has coached in all of these years with boys...baseball, football, basketball...he has coached.  Such a great coach and he does have a gift for teaching and encouraging the boys.  So much fun to watch him.  Jack was one of the Assistant Coaches this season as well.  He does such a great job and Max LOVES to have him there.

Here are some highlight photos from the season.











"Mom's Game" the night Scott has the Moms do all of the coaching while the Dads chase the other kiddos in the stands and do concessions stand duty etc.  













 Jack headed up the last practice as Scott was in St Louis for work.  He chose some water balloon fun. The team LOVED it...it made me about tear up where at the end he sat the kids down and gave a little speech.  It went something like this...

"Hey guys I won't be able to be at your last game as I am going to camp.  But it's been a great season.  I am proud of ALL of you.  You have all gotten better at baseball and we have all had fun.  Be sure to thank your Mom, Dad, siblings and whoever else has made it possible for YOU to be a part of this team.  For driving you here every week and cheering for you."

The reason I wanted to cry as this is the EXACT speech I have heard his Dad say year after year as he has coached teams.  His example has been passed on...Jack has heard what he has said.  That is tradition and legacy.  


After the game last night we headed to DQ to celebrate...Max came over and told Scott he HAD to sit with the team, HE was the Coach.  So cute.  Tommy and Drew said I am getting "lazy" in my old age as we once hosted a potluck dinner at our house for the season's end.  We had an award ceremony and all.  Now all we do is head to DQ for ice cream.




SaveSave

No comments:

Post a Comment