"This is the day that the Lord has made. We will rejoice and be glad in it. " Psalm 118:24

Saturday, April 30, 2016

Drew's Prom

 Drew was elected to be the Sophomore Prom rep at school...basically this means he will head up the Prom planning his Junior year as the juniors plan prom for the seniors.  It was a fun opportunity for him and the same one Tommy had as a sophomore.  He chose to ask his good friend Morgan Durick to be his date to the dance.  (Coincidentally Morgan was the girl that was elected as the Soph Prom rep too)  So it was a great opportunity for them to go to the dance with a friend, and take notes on what they want to do for Prom next year.   They also were busy decorating and helping with everything for this year's prom.

The Duricks have been dear friends of ours for a very long time...we have loved sharing life with them.  Jen and I text often within a small group of Moms. When you are a Mom somedays the little stuff IS the big stuff.   Steve, Morgan and Emma were with us on our mission trip to Costa Rica.  Jen has brought us countless meals when we have needed help, she has brought sick kids home for me and we have prayed often for each other and our kiddos.  So this evening was a blessing and fun for us all.

Drew headed to get Morgan and we followed a little bit later for some pictures at her house.  Then Scott headed to take pics of their group and Max and I headed downtown for pictures with Tommy and his group.  Jen sent me these pics from when Drew got to their house.





Grandma Durick was the one who mastered the pinning of the bout.

This is the part of being a boymom that I ALWAYS miss, so I was thrilled to get these photos.  I always wish I could be there the moment they see their dates...


Morgan had a beautiful bouquet of fresh flowers for ME in a Mason Jar with my name on it as a thank you for all of my work getting Prom stuff ready...seriously...how sweet was that?  Yep I cried. 

We then proceeded to snap a bunch of pictures at Morgan's house before they headed off to their group photos...





Wiping off the kiss of my boy and his very first prom.  

The entire Durick family before they headed out for the evening...even Hank.

Max and Drew before his big bro headed out...



Yep, I take pictures of everything and I love these of Drew helping Morgan into the car.  And Max watching the entire time...and Morgan smiling at Max...and Drew staring at me thinking "she seriously takes pictures of EVERYTHING"....
 









I sent my "B" team photographer with them for their group pics so I could go and take group pics of Tommy and his friends.   That is what Scott has named himself.."B Team" for Twig & Daisy Photography.  He did a terrific job with our back up camera!  He knows me well. 

Then we met back up at the Grand March and I captured this sweet one of Morgan and Drew.

They had a great night.  The Prom was fun, they took a lot of mental notes for next year's planning.  It isn't as easy as it looks to be the Sophomore Prom Reps, be the young ones at the Prom, find a welcoming group to go with, share in the committees and help whenever you can but both of them did a great job and God blessed them at every corner. 







No comments:

Post a Comment