"This is the day that the Lord has made. We will rejoice and be glad in it. " Psalm 118:24

Tuesday, December 22, 2015

It's Christmas Break...

It is official, the boys are OUT for Christmas break.  Onto the days with no routines, no schedules, the wrestling, the nerf gun wars, the messes, the fights, the tears, the Hallmark movies for Mom, some time off for Dad, the winter cleaning, but MOST of all it is almost time for Christmas.

We celebrated my birthday on Sunday and it was just perfect for me.  Quiet, church morning, lunch out and then home for the rest of the day....I got a short nap in, the boys wrote me lovely letters, we opened a few gifts, Jack made me an angel food cake, we had my favorite homemade spaghetti and meatballs for dinner and capped off the night with a Hallmark Christmas movie.

My gift from Scott was the gift of time...the best gift he could give to me.  We spent yesterday in Kansas City, leaving around 6 am and home by 9 pm.  3 meals out, shopping, holding hands, walking, looking at the Plaza lights, browsing through stores...filet for dinner...perfect.  It is so rare for us to have time alone that I soak it in like a sponge.

This morning was Max's Christmas party at school, I signed us up to run "games"...it was fun, even Tommy came to help.  That may have made me cry a happy cry when I saw him.  When we left he was in bed...so I am thankful he had a change of heart, even if that was his Dad helping him have a change of heart.

The gifts are wrapped, the tree is lovely, the cookies are baked...now we wait and we enjoy each other.  I love this time of year.  I am so grateful for it...as crazy and hectic as it may be.


Breakfast in bed complete with a Starbucks Hot Chocolate


 A homemade birthday garland from Jack and Max...priceless to me.





The Plaza in Kansas City...if you look close you can see the "Skelly" sign at the top of the building, my Grandpa Twig had a Skelly Gas Station so that is near and dear to my heart.




No comments:

Post a Comment