"This is the day that the Lord has made. We will rejoice and be glad in it. " Psalm 118:24

Saturday, August 22, 2015

The first day

As I was looking through my files to pull up this photo of Jack's "meet the teacher day" with the same teacher Max has...I was reminded of how hard that day was for me.  How hard it was for Tommy and Drew.  It was the first day of school at Des Moines Christian.  Tommy was sobbing...I was sobbing.  I was so torn whether this was the right decision or not.

And I can honestly look back and say God provided.  He provided what we needed that day and it has been a wonderful place for our boys to grow in their faith and in their learning.  The boys have LOVED their school.  They have been prayed for by their teachers and staff.  They have blossomed into the young men they are today...


 First day of Kindergarten for Jack

 3rd grade for Drew...his good friend Antonia is in the blue

 And sweet, sad Tommy.  Ugh this ripped my heart out.


And now to this....God has provided and will continue. Feeling blessed and grateful and maybe even a little bit nostalgic and sad.  

The days are long but the years are fast.


No comments:

Post a Comment