"This is the day that the Lord has made. We will rejoice and be glad in it. " Psalm 118:24

Friday, August 22, 2014

First Day of School

For the first time I can ever remember it was raining on the morning of the first day of school...a hard way to get fired up and ready for school.  But we did it!

Growing up....and yes they even agreed to holding these cute chalkboard signs.  If Mama ain't happy, NO ONE is happy.
 Jack- 6th Grade- Mrs. Wagner

 Tommy- 11th grade

 Drew- 9th Grade



I am one of those Mom's with mixed feelings about Back to School.   I LOVE the routine of school, I LOVE that our house will be a bit more quiet without fighting or questions non stop from 4 people all day long, I love that perhaps our grocery bills will go down $200 a month now without the CONSTANT eating,  it was time to get back to school for all of us.  BUT I do love the pace of summer.  Typically it is a bit slower.  This past summer was different than any summer before, the pace was NOT slower and that made it hard and tiring for this Mama.  I will admit, I once cried and cried and cried on the first day of school.  I would call my Mom after drop off and just sob.  But I am over that now.  Not that I love our boys any less, but I just crave routine more.  Our boys all like school, they don't dread it in the mornings, they aren't complainers about school so I think that makes it easier.  They are all up early, there is no dragging kids out of bed.  That helps a lot too.  

Max starts preschool in 2 weeks, that may be a different story for my tears, but I am not anticipating it being hard for Max or for me.  He is ready for preschool or "Pre Stool" as he calls it.  He is ready for something of his own.  I am excited for him to have that!

Happy Back to School Everyone.  

No comments:

Post a Comment