"This is the day that the Lord has made. We will rejoice and be glad in it. " Psalm 118:24

Friday, November 5, 2010

Trader Joe's


Just got home from our new Trader Joe's that opened today. It reminded me a little bit of Christmas, the chaos of the parking lot getting there. And when we walked in, Max and I, it was packed from wall to wall. But we decided to try it anyways

My brother and Cara love Trader Joe's so figured it was worth a try. Overall I was very impressed. The pricing was amazing. The food looked delicious. Every sample we tried was amazing. I just had a protein powder banana chocolate muffin with my lunch, it was SO YUMMY. Know it doesn't sound like it would be, BUT trust me, it was!

If you live in Des Moines, check it out. Maybe wait until the excitement wears down or show up when they open at 8 am to avoid the 35-40 minute check out line. Although Max and I didn't mind the line, we chatted with the people around us and he snuggled into my shoulder. Even shared some freeze dried mangos with the little girl in front of us, fresh from Trader Joe's. Those were good too...

mmm have a smorgasbord of things for the boys to try and see if they like it. 5 bags of groceries...and it was cheap.

A definite MUST do! Oh and for a bonus, they play Hawaiian music there, so you feel like you are on vacation! We can dream of being in my favorite place in the world, Maui, can't we? :)

2 comments:

  1. My Aunt in California has a Trader Joe's near her house. I was AMAZED when Peter and I went for a visit several years ago. Wish we had one here in Texas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have never been but I'm excited to go. :)

    ReplyDelete