"This is the day that the Lord has made. We will rejoice and be glad in it. " Psalm 118:24

Monday, November 1, 2010

Go Buckeyes! Beat the Gophers!


As I said earlier, the big boys went with Scott to Minnesota on Saturday to go to the Minnesota vs Ohio State game with Poppy. My Dad had surgery on his left thumb on Friday, hence the cast. This was the boys' first trip to the Gophers new stadium. They were impressed. For the record, I didn't really grow up following Gopher football much, so I am really not trading to the Buckeyes FROM the Gophers. I was NOT a college football fan, before I met Scott. I watched a LOT of hockey growing up (mainly my brother), some NFL and some MLB. The latter 2 NOT by choice. Hockey, I love hockey. Something would be wrong with a Minnesota girl if she didn't love hockey.

Sorry...off on a rabbit trail.

The boys had a great time at the game. At one point during the game I got a text from Scott that went something like this...

"I think Tommy has a tapeworm. (code for he wants concessions non stop) Drew is like having the radio on. (code for non stop chattering) The weather is great, the seats are too. Buckeyes are winning"



The Buckeyes won, the boys had a special night with their Dad and Grandpa. We were home for Trick or Treating...oh ahem sorry Beggar's Night. They came home on Sunday early afternoon.

1 comment:

  1. OH I love the CODE WORDS! I am totally stealing those. We definitely have 'Radio' with more than one child at a time! :) Sometimes Lydia talks just to talk and she talks to herself. :) I loved this post.

    ReplyDelete