On To State...

The boys basketball team won their game on Saturday night.  To be honest, it was bittersweet for this Mama.  Tommy didn't get any playing time..none.  I do not understand the coach, and I do not appreciate his unfulfilled promises to Tommy but here is what I was SO proud of...

-I was proud to see his hand on his heart during the National Anthem, this isn't a given anymore for people to put their hand on their hearts.  I don't understand that.  But I was proud that he was one of the 3 players on our team that did.

-I was proud of how he encouraged his teammates from the bench.  He cheered them on, he high-fived them coming off of the court.

-I was proud of how he celebrated the victory and remembered that it was about "TEAM" and not Tommy.  I had a harder time as the Mom sitting in the stands to be completely honest.

-I was proud of his big smile throughout it all.  I know inside his heart was hurting.

So on to State we go...we play our first game next Tuesday at 10:30 am.  He is excited about it all and for that I am proud.  DMC has not been to state in boys basketball since 2010 so it is a very cool thing.  Tee shirts are ordered and the school is SO excited!  Go Lions!




 The Seniors...

 The boys...

 The Tommy fan club

 The Glen Oaks Staff

Comments

Popular Posts